Strengthen Your Marriage
Can you accurately answer 15-18 of the questions below about your spouse?
Can your spouse answer them for you?
Try it out, and if you don't get 15 or more correct then you and your spouse will have some catching up to do.
Gottman, John M., Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Crown Publishers, Inc. New York
- I can name my partners best friends T/F
- I can tell you what stresses my partner is currently facing T/F
- I know the names of some of the people who have been irritating my partner lately T/F
- I can tell you some of my partner's life's dreams T/F
- I am very familiar with my partner's religious beliefs and ideas T/F
- I can tell you about my partner's basic philosophy of life T/F
- I can list the relatives my partner likes the least T/F
- I know my partners favorite music T/F
- I can list my partner's three favorite movies T/F
- My spouse is familiar with my current stressors T/F
- I know the three most special times in my partners life T/F
- I can tell you the most stressful thing that happened to my partner as a child T/F
- I can list my partners major aspirations and hopes in lifeT/F
- I know my partner's major current worries T/F
- My spouse knows who my friends are T/F
- I know what my partner would want to do if he or she suddenly won the lottery T/F
- I can tell you in detail my first impression of my partner T/F
- Periodically I ask my partner about his or her world right now T/F
- I feel that my partner knows me pretty well T/F
- My spouse is familiar with my hopes and aspirations T/F
If you and/or you spouse can not answer 10 or more, cannot find time to review the results or argue about the answers, call Duggan Therapy LLC for a consultation.